at the Urban Ecology Center,
in Riverside Park-1500 E. Park Pl,
Milwaukee, WI 53211 - 414-964-8505
Here's a link to download & print a poster
Navigating the Eat Local Network
The Eat Local Resource Fair is an annual opportunity to celebrate local food. It offers tools, tips and ideas to take the Eat Local Challenge and to eat locally all year long.
- Pick up information, tips, ideas and tools to help you find and enjoy local foods all year long
- Buy food directly from local vendors
(to see list of who'll be there)
- Participate in useful workshops
- Lunch is available for purchase from local food trucks.
- Workshops (for more details):
Food Advocacy & Policy 101-
Getting Kids Excited About Eating Locally
Annie Wegner LeFort
Ark of Taste: How to save our local heritage foods -
Jennifer Casey of Slow Food WISE
- Cooking Demo:
Eating Locally on a Budget with
Judy Mayer of Outpost Natural Foods
- New this year: workshops will also be available to teach the basics of canning (at 11:45am), composting, and urban bee-keeping (at 2pm).